Sunday, July 15, 2012

Friday the 13th: The Challenge Begins


Kevin Olson has been reviewing the Friday the 13th films as part of his ongoing Summer of Slash series over at the great blog Hugo Stiglitz Makes Movies. He heroically made it through the first four films in the series before fatigue understandably began to set in. There's only so much one man can take, and Kevin decided to briefly recap the rest of the movies in a single post.

When I saw that Kevin wasn't going to make it through the entire series, I felt a responsibility to step in and offer to help by reviewing the remaining films for him. To me, it seemed like a great way to shamelessly promote my own blog help out a fellow blogger. It's a tough job, picking up with part 5, as the series essentially gets worse and worse as it goes along, but I think I can handle it. To show you how serious I'm taking this assignment, I made my way to an actual cabin in the woods on this past Friday the 13th, where I viewed Friday the 13th: A New Beginning and began writing my first review. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. As you can see by the photo, the cabin was well-equipped with a plethora of sharp objects hanging in the woodshed, just in case you-know-who decided to show up. (There was a lot of beer, too.) Luckily, I made it through the weekend mostly intact, except for a nasty sunburn and several mosquito bites. My review of A New Beginning  should be up within the next day or so.

Like Kevin, I'm only human, so I can't guarantee I'll make it all the way through the series (and unlike Kevin, I do plan on including both Freddy vs. Jason and the 2009 reboot), but I'm going to try my damnedest. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment